2015 Youth Mini Grant Applications Now Available!
Mini Grants of up to $2,000 are available for projects led by and for youth in East Oakland.
Youth Mini Grant projects must:
- Be located in East Oakland (High Street to the San Leandro border, MacArthur Boulevard to the water).
- Be led by a youth ages 14 to 24 who live in or go to school in East Oakland.
- Benefit youth ages 14 to 24 in East Oakland.
- Be sponsored by an organization, public school or church that can act as a fiscal sponsor.
- Have a designated staff person from the sponsoring organization, public school or church as an advisor.
- Be completed by September 30, 2015.
Desirable projects will:
- Have a positive impact on the community.
- Involve community members.
- Address Peace Promotion, Healthy Neighborhoods, Youth Employment, or Health Promotion.
- Incorporate the use of social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Tumblr, etc.).
For more details on how to apply, download the 2015 application. Applications are due by 5 p.m. on May 1, 2015.
Also, please plan to join us at an upcoming info session. Sessions will take place Tuesdays, February 17, March 17 and April 21, 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m., at Alameda County Public Health Offices in Eastmont Town Center at 7200 Bancroft. RSVP now!